Konnect

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Konnect, Welcome To The Konnect Community

3 posters

45% of internet browsers are not secure

myke
    myke
    Green
    Green

Male Number of posts : 663
    Registration date : 2008-04-30

45% of internet browsers are not secure Empty 45% of internet browsers are not secure

Post by myke Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:29 am

so there you have it........ 45% of internet browsers are not secure. and why not i ask......hmmmm ?
    Computer security researchers from ETH Zurich, Google, and IBM believe computer software would be more secure if, like a perishable food product, it were labeled with an expiration date. In a newly published paper, Stefan Frei and Martin May of the Computer Engineering and Networks Laboratory at ETH Zurich, Thomas Dubendorfer of Google Switzerland, and Gunter Ollmann of IBM Internet Security Systems make this recommendation because they found that 637 million (45.2%) out of 1.4 billion Internet users worldwide are at risk from their failure to use the latest, most secure version of their chosen Internet browsers. “Given the state of the software industry and the growing threat of exploitable vulnerabilities within all applications (not just Web browsers), we believe that the establishment of a ‘best before’ date for all new software releases could prove an invaluable means to educating the user to patch or ‘refresh’ their software applications,” the paper says.

The issue of browser security matters more these days because more and more malware is targeting Web browser vulnerabilities. Remotely exploitable vulnerabilities have been on the rise since 2000 and accounted for 89.4% of vulnerabilities reported in 2007, according to the study, which claims that “growing percentage of these remotely exploitable vulnerabilities are associated with Web browsers.” Among the various Web browsers studied — Internet Explorer 7, Firefox 2, Safari 3, and Opera 9 — Firefox 2 is the most secure, according to the study. Firefox 2 is considered to be the most secure Web browser because 83.3% of its users worldwide are running the most current version. Second, third, and fourth places go to Apple Safari 3 (65.3% of users running the most current version), Opera 9 (56.1%), and Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 (47.6%).
    Source: InfoWeek
    damm, i knew i shouldnt have asked.
    but then, theres also some websites that arnt secure, you just have click on them and theres a snoop trying to get into your computer.
    Bretteo
    Bretteo
    Site Owner
    Site Owner

Male Number of posts : 1017
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

45% of internet browsers are not secure Empty Re: 45% of internet browsers are not secure

Post by Bretteo Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:24 pm

Well im ok, i leave everything on auto update then destroy it myself because its going to slow lol!

theres also some websites that arnt secure, you just have click on them and theres a snoop trying to get into your computer.

Yeh like when i went on your website i got an error message (mikey-d is stealing your XXX files lol! )
    myke
    myke
    Green
    Green

Male Number of posts : 663
    Registration date : 2008-04-30

45% of internet browsers are not secure Empty Re: 45% of internet browsers are not secure

Post by myke Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:51 pm

23 i wasnt stealing your xxx files, i was giving you some more........ lmao.
    and anyway...... who sent me a link to a website. * have a look at the banner i made* says he, and a little prog tries to open in the background when i click it, *can i watch your keystrokes it says* 4
    damm dodgy website.
    DeTekT
    DeTekT
    Blue
    Blue

Male Number of posts : 450
    Registration date : 2008-04-09

Post by DeTekT Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:17 am

lol oh well, that'll be alright 10

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content